[ExI] bee having fun

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Apr 30 00:29:34 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] bee having fun

>…There is an interesting extension being made that speech in our world today isn’t done primarily by the voice but the words we post on the internet.  We paid for that, so we have a right to it.  spike

>…I don't get this.  Whadda mean, we paid for it?  The internet?

Ja.  The internet grew out of the US Department of Defense as a project to facilitate electronic communications should the commies nuke the place.  The ARPANET, Advanced Research Projects Agency NETwork it was.

>From what I can tell, the federal government does not have the authority to keep any particular individual from using that system.  Modern speech requires use of the internet.  So… using the internet is modern right to free speech.

>…We paid for fighter jets too, but don't have the right to fly them. bill w

Billw, you paid for the jets, you have the right to be protected by them.  You also had the right to join the service and compete with skerjillions of others for the assignment to fly those planes.  Did you try for that duty?  Neither did I.  They still cover our asses.  Life is good.