[ExI] bee having fun

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 00:53:14 UTC 2022

That seems too facile. The federal government also built much of the infrastructure you use to live in your house. Does anyone, therefore, have a right to enter your house regardless of your wishes? If this analogy doesn’t convince you, then think if the postal service. Many print magazines depend on the postal service to reach subscribers. The postal service (just shot  everywhere — not just the in US) is tax funded. Therefore, shouldn’t magazines be required to publish any taxpayer’s rankings and ravings?

What you can make from the federal government funded the internet shouldn’t be that there are no private spaces on it. Just like if you Have a web site, you should be able to decide what content goes there, including what you care to exclude. For instance, in your blog, you might decide to exclude certain comments or even restrict the readership. I trust you wouldn’t argue that all blogs should be open to anyone placing content on them — even without the blog owner’s consent.

Modern speech doesn’t mean — just like in prior times — someone give you a platform. And this is more about edgelords and alt right trolls wanting a captive audience. They have space they can go to, but recall what happened with Parler. They didn’t like it because they didn’t have opponents to bully or trigger.

Regards,

Dan