[ExI] bee having fun

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 15:53:09 UTC 2022

On Sat, Apr 30, 2022 at 8:47 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> If a particular person can be banned from Twitter, not because of what she
> actually did but because of who she is and what she might do, then it would
> be easy to ban that person from the other mainstream media based on her
> being banned on Twitter.  (Ja?)  This creates a defacto banning from
> meaningful internet use.  I would agree with those who argue that this is
> the functional equivalent to violating a person's human right to free
> speech.

It is possible for a person to be banned in this fashion.

It is more likely for the mainstream media to independently decide not to
have a certain person on air, for reasons similar or identical to why
Twitter banned that person (though if Twitter has already banned that
person, they may take note of Twitter's decision when making their own
decisions).