[ExI] is this cool or what?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Aug 8 20:41:06 UTC 2022

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
BillK via extropy-chat
Sent: Monday, 8 August, 2022 1:10 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: BillK <pharos at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] is this cool or what?

On Mon, 8 Aug 2022 at 20:04, spike jones via extropy-chat

> I have half a mind to try to make one of these bubble ring chambers.
Perhaps a prole could figure out a way to make multiple colliding rings and
such, then create video, put it on the internet, sell ad space, make a
buttload.

> spike
>

>...Now, now.  Remember Spike's Rule?....

Daaaaaaaam!  Truly there is nothing new under the sun, for all is vanity and
vexation of the soul.

>...The search term you want is 'toroidal bubble' or 'vortex bubble'...

Cool, thx BillK!

<https://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2014/04/11/3978532.htm>
Blow underwater bubble rings (like dolphins do)

<https://thekidshouldseethis.com/post/underwater-vortex-ring-generator-video

Make an underwater vortex ring generator

<https://www.math.toronto.edu/~drorbn/Gallery/KnottedObjects/ToroidalGlassBu
bble.html>
A toroidal bubble in glass

>...Vortex bubbles have been around for a while.........

BillK

Imagine my astonishment.  Something I thought of was invented so long ago
that neo-hipsters never heard of it.