[ExI] is this cool or what?

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Sat Aug 13 16:52:27 UTC 2022

Quoting Spike and BillK:

> Message: 5
> Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 21:09:31 +0100
> From: BillK <pharos at gmail.com>
> To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
> Subject: Re: [ExI] is this cool or what?
>
> On Mon, 8 Aug 2022 at 20:04, spike jones via extropy-chat
>>
>> I have half a mind to try to make one of these bubble ring
>> chambers.  Perhaps a prole could figure out a way to make multiple
>> colliding rings and such, then create video, put it on the
>> internet, sell ad space, make a buttload.
>>
>> spike
>>

> Now, now.  Remember Spike's Rule?
> The search term you want is 'toroidal bubble' or 'vortex bubble'.
>
> <https://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2014/04/11/3978532.htm>
> Blow underwater bubble rings (like dolphins do)
>
> <https://thekidshouldseethis.com/post/underwater-vortex-ring-generator-video>
> Make an underwater vortex ring generator
>
> <https://www.math.toronto.edu/~drorbn/Gallery/KnottedObjects/ToroidalGlassBubble.html>
> A toroidal bubble in glass
>
> Vortex bubbles have been around for a while.........

Now fellas, allow me to play dolphins' advocate here:

For the record, the earliest video on YouTube about bubble rings is 15
years old and clearly shows that my clients, the dolphins have
priority here and were the first to render said invention into practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5us-v4bntP8

This is further evidenced by my clients' exhibiting similar behavior
in the wild.

https://youtu.be/X-1XVoucjQA?t=77

Therefore my clients, the dolphins demand that you cease and desist
this notion that you humans invented bubble rings. Otherwise my
clients will sue you for a butt-load of mackerel. And trust me, you
don't want to get sued under the sea because undersea lawsuits suck;
you get salt in your suit. ;)

Stuart LaForge