[ExI] is this cool or what?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Aug 13 17:10:51 UTC 2022

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] is this cool or what?

Quoting Spike and BillK:

> Message: 5
> Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 21:09:31 +0100
> From: BillK <pharos at gmail.com>
>> I have half a mind to try to make one of these bubble ring chambers.
>> Perhaps a prole could figure out a way to make multiple colliding
>> rings and such, then create video, put it on the internet, sell ad
>> space, make a buttload.
>>
>> spike
>>

> Now, now.  Remember Spike's Rule?
> The search term you want is 'toroidal bubble' or 'vortex bubble'.
>
>> Vortex bubbles have been around for a while.........

>...Now fellas, allow me to play dolphins' advocate here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5us-v4bntP8

They almost look like they are using the bubble rings as a toy.  If you
watch, it looks like a dolphin blew a bubble ring, then subsequently shooped
up some of the air.  I can't explain how else the ring looks like it
decreased in size.

Orcas are cousins to the dolphins.  They blow bubbles as a tool, to confuse
and herd schools of fish, which they then devour.

>... And trust me, you don't want to get sued under the sea because undersea
lawsuits suck; you get salt in your suit. ;)

Stuart LaForge

It's worse than that Stuart.  They stack the jury with dolphins.  A
land-based mammal hasn't a chance.