[ExI] commies vs marxists was: RE: chinese fires, was:RE: book review

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Dec 2 14:59:43 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] commies vs marxists was: RE: chinese fires, was:RE: book review

>…I get my garden seeds from Johnny's Selected Seeds, a company started 40 years ago by a R. Johnston.  When he retired it became employee owned.  It is still a fine business. I think it would be instructive to check out employee-owned companies and see how they compare in wages etc. to regular companies.  bill w

Billw, you and I are old enough to know the story, me lad.

In communism, the workers own the factories and the government owns both.

But in capitalism, the workers have the option to own the factories with stock investment, and the press owns the government.

That explains why we are seeing such a bitter dispute over Twitter, for the outcome of that culture war determines who owns the press and by extension who owns the government.  May the good guys win.