[ExI] Twitter and free speech

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Dec 3 04:03:43 UTC 2022

From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>

>…  Other ideas?

I had one.  Musk attempted the 8 dollar a month subscription fee for the
blue check mark.  That failed, but I thought of a variation that might work:
charge 1 dollar a quarter for verification but it must be linked to a credit
card in the name of the person who owns the account.  Then the cost of the
verification is not a problem for anyone (4 bucks a year, must be paid
quarterly, no paying ahead) but… it is linked to a credit card, so it
verifies there is a real person back there whose identity can be found if
necessary.  Twitter would say there is no human researching anything, no
human judgment on the content of the messaging, only a credit card, active
within the past three months verifying this identity.

Wouldn’t that work?