[ExI] Twitter and free speech

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 15:34:58 UTC 2022

On Sat, 3 Dec 2022 at 15:17, spike jones via extropy-chat

> What I understood is that the blue check means it is a verifiable account, traceable to a person.  The credit card solution would make it basically meaningful
>
> Ja, but deeming worthy is subjective and subjective anything can never be made fair.  So... remove subjectivity at every opportunity, replace it with openness and objectivity, enforce freedom with an iron fist, for that is the only kind of fist that suffices against those who would suppress freedom.
>
> spike

But many people cannot get a credit card, so they would not be able to
be verified.
e.g. under age 18 or 21, insufficient income, poor credit history, etc.

Also, many people want or need to be anonymous for their own
protection and to avoid all the intrusive tracking going on.
Especially under authoritarian governments.

BillK