[ExI] pay to not play

Dave S snapbag at proton.me
Sun Dec 4 15:04:42 UTC 2022

On Sunday, December 4th, 2022 at 9:26 AM, spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

> The information coming out now about Twitter shows a bunch of requests to take down information. Twitter complied, using Twitter’s resources, for which advertisers pay (that’s Twitter’s revenue stream.) Alternative: have people who request a post be removed pay to have it removed. Keep a record of what was removed and when it was removed. Payments for removal would have an expiration, after which the paid-to-remove post would go up.

So anyone can remove anyone else's tweets? Seems not very free speechy. Is there not some legal justification required?

What's to stop people from posting the same content again, maybe slightly modified? I can see bots battling to post and take down the same info. :-) Which could be good for Musk.

-Dave