[ExI] pay to not play

sjatkins sjatkins at protonmail.com
Mon Dec 5 03:23:23 UTC 2022

------- Original Message -------
On Sunday, December 4th, 2022 at 2:34 PM, spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

> You were an active poster in 1990s and thru somewhere around… 2005? In
> those years, you remember what you wrote about. In all that there was a
> thread that remains burned into my memory like a crystal vision, something
> you posted about, something I thought was a bit extreme but you were right
> on the money with it. I think of that thread often, for I was dead wrong, a
> lot of us were. But you were right.
>

> So… knowing that you had a big impact on me with that thread, have you a
> good guess what that thread was about and what you said?

Hi Spike,

Not sure which one it might have been.  I remember getting in a bit of a fracas with some in the group around the lead up to the Iraq invasion. I forget whether there was such around 9/11 or the anti-terrorism Patriot Act stuff.  I remember fondly arguing with Eliezer about CEV or some such at a gathering at your place once.  Other than that I am drawing a blank.   But if you can hum a few more bars perhaps something will get jogged loose.

- samantha