[ExI] commies vs marxists was: RE: chinese fires, was:RE: book review

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Dec 6 23:33:37 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of Dylan Distasio via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] commies vs marxists was: RE: chinese fires, was:RE: book review

>…The Pentagon, unfortunately, does not share your optimism.   Best case scenario is likely that we destroy all of the chip plants:

Pentagon, Chinese analysts agree US can’t win in Taiwan Strait
US mulls ‘scorched earth’ strategy for Taiwan instead of defense
By DAVID P. GOLDMAN
DECEMBER 6, 2022

Dylan do ponder the following scenario: the US military, having been running wargames and simulations, are well aware of the odds.  With a stubborn aversion to losing irreplaceable carriers and…like… getting killed, and knowing that the US government has way bigger problems on its collective mind than a mere planet-threatening war on the far side of the Pacific, find a way to keep the carriers out of harm’s way.

The Taiwan military, well aware of these war games and sims, recognize they must scuttle those chip fabs.  A grenade is tossed into each manufacturing machine.  The buildings remain standing but no computer chips will go out any time soon.