[ExI] commies vs marxists was: RE: chinese fires, was:RE: book review

Dylan Distasio interzone at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 00:57:35 UTC 2022

As terrible as that scenario is for the world, I also worry about a
miscalculation that results in nuclear launches that at best wipe out a few
major cities on each side before it is over, or at worst a global nuclear
holocaust.

I'm a bit baffled as to why there seem to be a large number of people these
days (including in the press and the government) who aren't worried about a
nuclear conflagration between the US and Russia (again, involving a
miscalculation over Ukraine) or the US and China over Taiwan.   They act
like ICBM nuke launches from a desperate actor or due to miscalculation in
strategy are no longer a real possibility, which scares me.

I grew up in the 80s when everyone expected the end of the world as a
distinct possibility at any moment.   I'm sure my betters on the list also
remember the Cuban missile crisis as well.

On Tue, Dec 6, 2022 at 6:34 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <