[ExI] All speech is sacred or why Warcraftification of real life is a solution to various ills

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Dec 10 21:10:00 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] All speech is sacred or why Warcraftification of real life is a solution to various ills

>…Think of all the media outlets - web,newspapers and so on.  How many of them provide balanced coverage of politics?  I'd guess none.  That means that all of them are interfering in an election.  No?  No.   bill w

Billw, it isn’t the newspapers or social media I object to.  They are businesses, they can do what they want.  What we see is that government met with them to influence what they did, perhaps by bribery, perhaps by threat, but either way, most improper.  We want a free press, not a propaganda wing of whoever is currently in power.

A free press is the watchdog over government, not the lapdog under government.