[ExI] AI harming humanity

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Dec 11 16:15:01 UTC 2022

...> On Behalf Of Dave S via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] AI harming humanity

On Sunday, December 11th, 2022 at 10:50 AM, spike jones via extropy-chat

>>... No wait, that isn't the profound question. The question: what is the
meaning of life, if our intellectual function can be replaced by software,
which is far cheaper than we are?

>...Maybe we'll be free to learn, think, do, travel, express ourselves,
etc., without having to devote most of our lives to meeting our basic needs.

-Dave

Indeed?  Who is going to pay us to do all that?  Dave it is already that way
for the independently wealthy, but most of us here are not in that class.

The defeated Twitter army will perhaps demonstrate techno-displaced
professionals: will FaceBook pick them up?  Or...what?