[ExI] what would any of us have done differently?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Dec 13 04:29:11 UTC 2022

We are seeing a dramatic transition play out at Twitter.  It has now become
my primary news source, surpassing Reason and Slashdot.  Now I would put it
in first place for finding information.

I would credit Elon Musk for successfully saving Twitter, for we can see
that on its previous path, losing money at that rate, it would have been in
bankruptcy in the near term.  Then we would either have no Twitter or a
version of it with no moderation at all, which would likely devolve into the
chaotic hellscape were told it would be now but isn't.

We saw what Musk did with Twitter.  What would any of us here have done any
differently?  I couldn't think of anything either.