[ExI] All speech is sacred or why Warcraftification of real life is a solution to various ills

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 05:57:35 UTC 2022

On Sat, Dec 10, 2022 at 10:43 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> On Fri, Dec 9, 2022 at 11:22 PM Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat <
>

> >…Appending an easily accessible record of prior judgments by trusted
> authorities…
>

> Hmmmm… ja I see the intent there.  I am tripping over the “trusted
> authorities” term.  We must recognize the culture war, such as American
> society is now actively engaged, results in “trusted authorities” have an
> agenda of their own, which causes the quoted phrase to be
> self-contradictory.  Example: authorities trusted by some are seeking to
> identify parents who object to common schoolboard policy as domestic
> terrorists.  I see this as an indication that trusted (by some) authorities
> were in such desperate need of domestic terrorists that it was forced to
> manufacture them.

### The core of what I suggest is that speech must be managed with speech,
not with violence. The only allowable response to words is more words.
Incarceration, beatings and similar physical actions are not justified. The
authorities I am referring to would only speak, never act in other ways.
Not being able to beat anybody into submission, such authorities would have
to earn trust by being reasonable, as judged by all who might consider
voluntarily deferring to them, since if users saw them as unreasonable they
would not pay attention to them, and thus such authorities would stop being
authorities altogether - they would be just flapping their mouths
uselessly.

Of course, there would be a substantial tribal aspect to the authorities
that would emerge but this would be just a reflection of the diversity of
the population.

Rafal