[ExI] what would any of us have done differently?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Dec 15 14:20:15 UTC 2022

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat
…

On Wed, Dec 14, 2022 at 12:30 PM John Klos via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

But if we ignore the fact that he's simply a shitty person and separately evaluate the idea that Twitter is somehow more open, is it?

>…### I wonder how much of the current anti-Elon hysteria is due to the visceral hatred….

I do think a lot of the vitriol is over personality, which is irrelevant for a CEO, completely irrelevant.  I don’t care what kind of person he is any more than he cares what kind I am: I don’t intend to invite him to lunch and he doesn’t intend to invite me.  All of those considerations should be disregarded and the focus should be on how money is invested, what actions were taken, etc.  Get others, community leaders, charity organizers and so forth, to be your moral and ethical guides, leave corporate leaders to faceless entities who know how to move money and make cool stuff happen.

>…Long live Elon, the Paladin of Truth!

Inquiring minds want to know.  In our times, our privacy is being ripped away.  OK then, our political leaders should have their damn curtain torn back too.

>…Elon for POTUS!

Elon’s not eligible for POTUS: not born in USA.  He’s an African, naturalized US citizen.