[ExI] what would any of us have done differently?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Dec 16 05:17:36 UTC 2022

...> On Behalf Of John Klos via extropy-chat

>...There are MANY examples of Elon platforming right wingers, anti-Semites,
white supremacists...
Thanks,
John

John, in California we had a recall election in which about 30 were running
to replace Governor Newsom.  A recall election ordinarily does not have
negative campaigning: if the governor attempts it, the guy he negatively
campaigned against loses and the governor is replaced by one of the other
about 29 remaining candidates.  In the most bizarre recall election ever,
Governor Newsom picked out the one black guy running for governor and
accused the one black guy of being a white supremacist.

To me that was evidence that term means nothing other than a perfectly
transparent and cynical attempt to leverage a real problem into a political
advantage.  I don't believe Larry Elder is a white supremacist.

In light of that, do explain your comment about Elon platforming white
supremacists.