[ExI] what would any of us have done differently?

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 06:44:33 UTC 2022

Spike, your problem is that you only ever criticize one side.  That makes
you look like a hypocrite, and it is hard to take you seriously on a lot of
issues because it's not clear how much your opinion is influenced by that
bias.  Also hard to take seriously all the times it IS clear how much your
opinion is influenced by that bias.

You simply have not even mild criticisms for people you simp for, besides
my aforementioned golly gee don't look at me I'm just an earnest goofball
type of thing like saying your criticism of Elon is that he is a hard
worker.

Speaking of Elon, not sure if this is the right thread but don't care cuz
it's all a chaotic mess here now anyway:

@Rafal: personally I'm not a huge fan for reasons you did not state.  I
appreciate his businesses and that he is probably the most
innovative/creative/earnest hyper-rich celebrity mogul we have (low bar).
I like his hard work stuff and some of his ideas.

I don't support him though because he is CRINGE.   And narcissistically
insecure.  Constantly making very awkward and bad joke tweets. Also, tweets
he thinks are deep but are the kind of thing a 15 year old thinks when they
get high for the first time.  His weird megalomania right down to pushing
his dumb joke tweets to everyone's feed.  He comes off as, and is, very
desperate.  Watch the new clip of him on Chappelle.   Why did he even come
out?  All he wants is validation and love from the crowd but he's too
autistically negligent to figure out how to actually make people like him.

So that's why I don't really support him much, because I know someone
better will come along, and because a lot of times it feels like he's
already done the best stuff he ever will.

Maybe he'll have an awakening and do something unexpected and interesting.
To his credit, that is the kind of think he might do.  But he is so
awkwardly unlikable that I can't really support him as some kind of social
leader.  Hate to say it but he and many many others could learn a lot from
Trump regarding oratory and conversational skills.

On Fri, Dec 16, 2022, 12:18 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <