[ExI] Best scripting language for replying to digests?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Dec 18 16:09:02 UTC 2022

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
Dave S via extropy-chat

>..There are mail agents like Mutt that can treat a digest like a folder so
you can reply to individual messages normally. I don't know of a GUI mail
agent that does that, though.

-Dave

The notion of digests made sense at one time when having 70 to 100 ExI posts
in one day was common.  There were times in about the mid 90s when I thought
it was great stuff but just didn't have time to read it all, and that was
when I wasn't even posting myself, just reading.  That's why we formed so
many specialized sub-groups: It was all I could do to keep up with that in
those busy years of my misspent youth.  Now the ExI volume is very low.  So
what good is the digest?