[ExI] Best scripting language for replying to digests?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 16:30:07 UTC 2022

On Sun, 18 Dec 2022 at 04:11, Dave S via extropy-chat

> Honestly, I'm not sure what problem digests solve that can't be better handled some other way. If you don't want to be bothered by a steady stream of message notifications, filter list messages into their own folder and disable notifications for it. Receiving individual messages also makes it easier to filter out messages you don't want to see and to sort messages and replies in a structure that's more natural than simple chronological order.
>
> There are mail agents like Mutt that can treat a digest like a folder so you can reply to individual messages normally. I don't know of a GUI mail agent that does that, though.
>
> -Dave

That's exactly what I do. A filter to put all Exi posts into their own
folder, switch off notifications and read when convenient.
And I do the same for other lists and contacts as well.
You only need to set up the filters once, then everything is filed
neatly from then on.

BillK