[ExI] it gestures! chatgpt has arrived

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Dec 21 20:13:38 UTC 2022

...> On Behalf Of BillK via extropy-chat

Subject: Re: [ExI] it gestures! chatgpt has arrived

On Wed, 21 Dec 2022 at 19:19, spike jones via extropy-chat

> DISTRESS!  Exactly sir!  Distress my ass, chatbot!  ... spike

>...You've already got a wife for that!   :)...

Eh not really.  That kind soul doesn't do rants.

>...But you were talking about robot companions for nursing home patients,
many of whom are aged and failing physically and mentally. They need help
and reassurance and friendly company - not an argumentative Spikebot.  One
of them is enough!  :)...BillK

Ja perhaps so.  Plenty of nursing home patients are querulous sorts, for
understandable reasons.

What we could perhaps work toward next: slider bars to control personality.
We could have multiple sliders that could be set (and perhaps even adjusted)
by reading reactions of patients (maybe.)  Since we are in a setting where
the patients see a friend's corpse being hauled out of that place more often
than the moon is full, we could perhaps have a religiosity or piety sliding
scale.  Start that one over on the right.  Then if the patient never
responds to religious comments, then move it to the left.  We could do the
same with science discoveries and such.  We could have a spike-istic slider.
I could even help write some of the snarky scripts for that one.