[ExI] gofundme question

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 22:32:16 UTC 2022

On Wed, 9 Feb 2022 at 22:08, spike jones via extropy-chat

> OK but what if… what they said they would do is kinda nebulous?  If they write their mission statement carefully, they become a target made of cotton candy.
>
> Let’s take the Canadian trucker example (a good one for many reasons.)  If Gofundme had just distributed a few brown bag lunches and a few cans of Diesel fuel, the strike is over in a few days, the truckers will probably win that one, they deliver their loads and go on their truckery way.  Now there is no one left to receive the donated food and fuel.  I don’t see that Gofundme is legally required to give back the left over funds, which is likely most of it.
>
> spike

You need to read their Terms of Service.
<https://www.gofundme.com/c/terms>
They have tried to cover every possibility.
Quote: GoFundMe is not a payment processor and does not hold any funds.
The Services are administrative platforms only. etc. etc.

BillK