[ExI] The Expanse

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Wed Feb 16 17:58:42 UTC 2022

On 16/02/2022 00:27, bill w wrote:
> I would like to get comments on the TV series from people who read all
> the books. Thanks!

Ooh, I didn't know there were books! I will read them after I've
finished the TV series. I can comment on that, even though I haven't
read the books yet. First I heard of it, I tried it, and my impression
was: Wannabe Blade Runner meets wannabe Dark Matter, and fails to live
up to either, so I stopped watching. A couple of years later, I gave it
another chance (possibly because of a comment on here, not sure), and
persevered past the point I had quit earlier. I warmed to it, and ended
up liking it. So now just at the beginning of Series 3, looking forward
to what happens next.

If anyone else was put off by the weak Blade Runner vibe at the
beginning, I can say it gets much better. Worth persevering with.

So thanks, Bill, for alerting me to the fact that there are books. I
already want to read the Altered Carbon books that I never bothered with
before, but now have an interest in since seeing that TV series.

Ben