[ExI] Low Omicron numbers in China

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 05:44:03 UTC 2022

On Sat, Jan 8, 2022 at 12:21 AM Will Steinberg <steinberg.will at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 8:00 PM Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat <
>
>>  At some point the mass infection wave might become impossible to hide
>> but even then they might just stop testing and pretend it's just some
>> sniffles, not the big bad Covid.
>>

> God can we just start doing that here now?  Lol

### Indeed. All this testing at home and everywhere doesn't make any sense.
Only patients with risk factors who are presenting to the hospital with
significant symptoms should be tested, since it impacts the therapeutic
options if positive.

However, I predict that the business of selling Covid tests will be still
brisk for a long time. Two years of brainwashing doesn't just go away, it
lingers in the minds of the impressionable.

Rafal