[ExI] AI software is now writing the internet

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 01:10:37 UTC 2022

Scientific papers are ways for profs to get promotion and tenure, as we all
know.  What percentage of those are worthless?  For some journals, probably
100% (those where you have to pay to get it published).  For the very top
journals probably 25%.  This constitutes an enormous waste of talent.
Some, myself for instance, are not so hot at research and much better at
teaching.  I was able to avoid most research and others should be able to
choose this path.  This would lighten the worthless load quite a bit.  bill

On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 5:23 PM Colin Hales via extropy-chat <