[ExI] Tesla autopilot

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Jan 19 03:14:25 UTC 2022

>…> On Behalf Of Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat

On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 at 13:36, spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

 …

Ja, but irrelevant.  Teams of hungry lawyers will not sue a car.  They will go after the company which built it.

>…If cars become as intelligent and as conscious as humans there would be no reason for them not to have the same rights and responsibilities as humans, although no doubt there will be a movement to keep them enslaved… Stathis

Ja.  We already have a situation in which lawsuits focus on whoever has the most money.  In many cases, the prole which caused the damage has no money, so that person is clearly innocent.  Whoever hired her might have something worth suing away, so that person might have some fault.  On up it goes until the lawyers sense a potential payday.

We can solve the control problems.  We are nowhere near solving the legal problems.