[ExI] Tesla autopilot

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 00:34:47 UTC 2022

On Jan 20, 2022, at 7:04 AM, spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
> ...> On Behalf Of Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat
> Subject: Re: [ExI] Tesla autopilot
>
> On Jan 19, 2022, at 2:03 PM, spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

Spike, let me assure you that the statement about (most) lawyers (most of the time) suing for the _expectation_ of money is both something I’m not denying and something that tells us nothing here. Until the legal and regulatory aspects are worked out and if the technology continues to spread and mature, it’s anyone’s guess what the outcomes of specific cases will be and what the overall expectations will be from the courts and lawmakers. This is what will determine, afterward, who will likely make money. And your guesses here are just guesses, and, no offense, but having a PE doesn’t make one a legal expert much less an expert of forecasting changes in law.

(And this is all repeating stuff I wrote in the post you quoted but heavily trimmed.;)

Regards,

Dan