[ExI] enough time has passed...

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 23:33:32 UTC 2022

On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 at 10:19, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> Well, tell us, oh great gurus:  with the hindsight we have, just what
> should have been done re the virus?  What should not have been done
> (omitting the obvious mandates)?  bill w

My dispute is with those who say that EVEN IF measures such as mandated
mask-wearing and vaccines would stop the pandemic or at least save many
lives, they should not be implemented, because fuck other people.

On Sat, Jan 22, 2022 at 4:42 PM Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat <

>> On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 at 09:36, spike jones via extropy-chat <
>>

>>> *…*> *On Behalf Of *Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat
>>>

>>> So that kinda stuff freaks me out.  I'm fairly sure we will be seeing
>>> the long term effects of this for years, not just psychologically,
>>> financially, and societally, but also in terms of actual law/enforcement.

>>> previously unimaginable scale. What will happen when, inevitably, a
>>> pandemic comes that kills more than 1% of the population?
>>>

>>> We already know what will not happen: the US government has worn out
>>> their collective credibility by the most inept response imaginable.
>>>
>> So you’re all gonna die, because the stupid and antisocial among you will
>> be able to ignore whatever measures might possibly save you?
>>
>>> --
>> Stathis Papaioannou

Stathis Papaioannou