[ExI] enough time has passed...

Dave S sparge at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 17:04:38 UTC 2022

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 10:42 AM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> Dave, according to what I read the criminal does not suffer at all.  No
> suffocation.  His body doesn't miss the oxygen and he feels normal until he
> just doesn't have enough oxygen to maintain consciousness.  Painless - no
> suffering.  From I have read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inert_gas_asphyxiation covers this pretty
well. Apparently the traumatic feeling of suffocation comes not from lack
of oxygen in the blood, but from too much carbon dioxide.

So that's a promising execution/suicide method, but it's never been tried
for execution.

-Dave