[ExI] People often think their chatbot is alive

Dave S sparge at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 15:51:40 UTC 2022

On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 4:14 PM Giovanni Santostasi via extropy-chat <

> [...] also I agree with Kurzweil that merging with AI eventually is the
> only solution to them replacing us eventually.

Merging, as in adding AI at the individual level, or achieving some kind of
symbiosis, where we're still us/them but we work with each other?

I think if humans could form effective superorganisms we could outcompete
AI unless they form superorganisms, too. Reading about honeybees in
Seeley's _Honeybee Democracy_ got me thinking about the power of the
superorganism. Individual bees are pretty stupid but a hive is capable of
making good decisions.

-Dave