[ExI] NASA begins official study of UFO

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 17:35:31 UTC 2022

On Sat, Jun 11, 2022 at 10:18 AM Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat <

> So the burning question of the decade is how to reconcile UAP with the
> Fermi Paradox? Assuming that UAP represent real advanced technology
> AND we can not observe any signals or signs of intelligent life from
> outer space, then what are the UAP and where are they coming from?
> Bayesian minds want to know what hypotheses can't be ruled out by
> these two observations with loads of evidence backing them up?

One thought that quickly comes to mind: what if stealth is exponentially
easier (proportionate to resources available) at planetary and larger
scales?

Perhaps a dyson shell can radiate mainly away from the galactic plane, so
that few if any others in the galaxy will see them.  A small craft in
Earth's atmosphere doesn't have that option.