[ExI] neurology news

Jason Resch jasonresch at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 14:56:47 UTC 2022

I think we might be making a mistake in delineating parts of our brain or
functions of our brain as being conscious our unconscious.

For how can we know whether the parts we consider unconscious are
unconscious rather than separately consciousness, independent, other minds?

Or alternatively, how can we know that their processing, doesn't feed into
and build up into one's present conscious state?

I think brain bisection cases make clear there is the potential for many
independent conscious minds or conscious processes to exist within a single
skull. But we often mistake the part of the brain that can talk as being
the only one that is conscious. Because, after all it's the only part we as
outsiders can listen to.

There's a part of your brain that's monitoring and regulating your blood
pressure. It's aware of your blood pressure, so it can't be a zombie. Is it
consciousness and disconnected from the part of your brain that can talk,
or is it unconscious? How could you distinguish between those two
possibilities?

Jason

On Fri, Jun 17, 2022, 10:33 AM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <