[ExI] neurology news

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 17:16:01 UTC 2022

 Is it consciousness and disconnected from the part of your brain that can
talk, or is it unconscious? How could you distinguish between those two
possibilities?

Jason

That is exactly what I said in a post just a day or two ago.  It could be
that we have two conscious minds:  the 'unconscious', which is conscious of
all inputs, and the conscious, which is separated from the 'unconscious'
and gets its outputs but is not aware of what is in the unconscious that
does not enter the conscious.  So the unconscious is only unconscious to
the conscious.  It is fully conscious of inputs.  (it was the goal of Freud
to bring unconscious memories to consciousness and dispel them through
catharsis.  This psychotherapy or psychoanalysis was never shown to work in
controlled studies, though current Freudians still make a lot of money from
rich people.)   bill w