[ExI] article about Rafal and his daughter

Gadersd gadersd at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 18:27:16 UTC 2022

I did not mean to imply that high intelligence, agriculture, and artistry are mutually exclusive, but one can argue that they are in general statistically inversely correlated. I do not know this for sure as I have not done much research on the matter, but surely you must admit that selecting embryos for particular traits will likely significantly alter the distribution of vocations among other things. I highly doubt a person with an IQ of 140+ would be very willing to be a garbage collector when there are much more lucrative opportunities available. Parents may also select strongly for personalities associated with the careers they want their future children to excel in. Imagine that your parents were content with your genes that control intelligence but detected an artistic gene that could be seen as a potential distraction from more “practical” matters. Imagine an entire stern generation with an IQ of 140 with little variation in personality and emotion who all desire to be doctors, lawyers, and engineers with no interest in anything else. Surely an Asian parent's dream, but perhaps not the best for society as a whole. This is of course an extreme example, but it is easy to fall down a slippery slope.