[ExI] article about Rafal and his daughter

Henry Rivera hrivera at alumni.virginia.edu
Fri Jun 24 17:18:56 UTC 2022

> On Jun 24, 2022, at 11:44 AM, Gadersd via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
> If everyone were an Einstein who would want to be a farmer or artist?

Don’t be so sure about that.

Me and people like me have many options. It’s good to have options. I am an artist at heart. Yet I have an IQ over 140 and a doctorate. I knows  some brilliant people who have gone on to mainly do agriculture.

Also, the analyses of personality/occupational types Leary did in the 50s shows people are drawn to certain societal roles based on personality, and I posit these wouldn’t change if say I did a genetic modification to make me not have high blood pressure. But who really knows yet what is connected to what gene-wise and epigentically.

Adapted from Interpersonal Diagnosis of Personality(p. 65) by T Leary, 1957, New York: Ronald.

- Henry