[ExI] Free Zoom Futurist Conference April 23-34, 2022

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 15:44:06 UTC 2022

'Stepping Into the Future' conference - April 23-24 2022
by /u/adam_ford

The 'Stepping Into the Future' conference is coming up soon - April
23-24th to be exact. It's online and it's free (via zoom). It will be
fun & exciting - I hope you can all make it. Many of the abstracts of
the talks are already online (linked to from the agenda) - so check
them out.

"We are in the midst of a technological avalanche – surprisingly to
many, AI has made the impossible possible. In a rapidly changing world
maintaining and expanding our capacity to innovate is essential."

What: A conference about important developments in technology today
and in the future
When: April 23rd-24th, 2022
Where: Online via Zoom
Price: Free

There are 4 main categories:
The Future Human & the Posthuman,
Paradise Engineering/Qualia Quality Control,
Long-term Futures
Artificial Intelligence / Machine Understanding.

Speakers/panelists include:

Anders Sandberg (Future of Humanity Institute)
Andres E. Gomez (Qualia Research Institute)
Ben Goertzel (OpenCog, SingularityNET)
David Pearce (The Hedonistic Imperative)
James Hughes (Institute for Ethics & Emerging Technology)
John Smart (Acceleration Watch)
Joscha Bach (Intel Labs)
Mike Johnson (Qualia Research Institute)
PJ Manney (Institute for Ethics & Emerging Technology)
Pramod K. Nayar (University of Hyderabad)
Stuart Armstrong (Future of Humanity Institute)

Conference link: <https://www.scifuture.org/events/stepping-into-the-future/>
submitted by /u/adam_ford