[ExI] Nobody knows the true colors of things, on this day of color.

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 21:45:40 UTC 2022

That's circular reasoning from your definition of "true intrinsic color".

To my knowledge, the true intrinsic color of a thing is a composite of all
the wavelengths of light it reflects - which can be measured, and thus
known.  We might assign names to certain wavelengths or combinations of
wavelengths (for instance, "green" might refer to wavelengths of 495-570
nm), but that's just names for the wavelengths or combinations of
wavelengths.

On Fri, Mar 18, 2022 at 2:20 PM Brent Allsop via extropy-chat <