[ExI] Nobody knows the true colors of things, on this day of color.

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 20:30:07 UTC 2022

Hi William,
>From a certain point of view, this is true.
But perception is not everything.  Perception, through abstracting senses,
can be mistaken, or interpreted differently, as you are pointing out.
Direct apprehension of physical facts about the final results of perception
is what really matters.  This can't be mistaken.
If you are looking at a pencil, in a glass of water, and it seems to you
like the pencil is bent, you can know, absolutely, that your knowledge of
the pencil is bent, even though you don't know the true nature of the
actual pencil in the glass of water.
If you have knowledge which believes a war is a great success, and I have
different knowledge that it is a great tragedy, then those differences are
facts.
And if one knows something, that knowledge must be something.  Once we
discover what this knowledge is, we will be able to objectively observe it,
and know what it is like, including any differences.
There is no possible miss interpretation of directly apprehended qualia.
Your redness, and what it is like, will be the same, no matter which brain
is directly apprehending it.

On Sat, Mar 19, 2022 at 1:23 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <