[ExI] gas prices

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Mar 21 04:48:26 UTC 2022

From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>
…

>>…I think there might be a market for either design.

Rafal

>…Hi Rafal,

>…I contacted a friend today who is an engineer and who knows Teslas.  He threw cold water on the notion, pointing out some things I should have thought of plus something I couldn’t have known…It isn’t by itself a show-stopper, but it will likely push the design downsize, which is OK…spike

It might be Tesla isn’t the right platform for this sort of notion.  I see that various factors want to push the design downscale, but that isn’t really where I want to go.  Reasoning: I would like to get on a freeway in a series hybrid with the IC out back where I don’t hafta listen to it clatter, then drive continuously coast to coast with the car driving itself for parts of the trip.

But spike, they said in unison, what about the bathroom?

I think I could invent a makeshift solution, if it is a solo trip.  There are dry camping toilets.  Unless it is a solo trip, using one of those on the road is far too undignified even for my very relaxed standards in the old human dignity department.  Food we can do, the toilet we can do.  The seat in a Tesla is very comfortable and would make an adequate bed for the two full day trip coast to coast.  Furthermore… if one understands how the colon works, it is possible to arrange food in such a way as to not need to take a dump in those two days.  Urinating while driving is relatively easy (for men (the biological variety (I arranged a way to urinate while riding a motorcycle (kinda revolting details available on request.))))

In any case… if Elon’s software won’t allow this notion, we are back to a Nissan leaf or some such absurdity, with some advantage: many leaf drivers hate them, so they are cheap to buy used, and not even so painful to buy new.  But they don’t offer self-driving or even super-cruise, so… back to the old drawing board.