[ExI] emotional deficits in sci-fi

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 22:59:03 UTC 2022

Thanks, Spike.  I have read the Enders series more than once.  Ender turned
out to be a saint, and would have been killed by many people had they known
that he had a cocoon queen of the antlike people and had let it loose where
it thrived and multiplied.  OK, so the young heroes don't have heart
attacks, but some others might at least have anxiety attacks for some
realistic reactions.

One reason I like scifi is that all the books I have ever read had happy
endings.  Maybe some modern ones don't.  I will avoid them if I know.
 bill w

On Thu, Mar 24, 2022 at 4:53 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <