[ExI] Michio Kaku makes 3 predictions about the future

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 07:59:38 UTC 2022

On Sun, Mar 27, 2022 at 12:36 AM <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

> It has been 20 years since I did the calculation, so I don’t recall what
> efficiency I was assuming on the solar power conversion.

### Any situation where you use solar to produce liquid fuels will have
atrociously low efficiency. We can almost completely replace nuclear and
fossil energy with a much smaller amount of solar and wind electricity if
it is used directly, although we would need a lot of batteries, well over
30 TWh for the USA. See Tony Seba's presentation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj96nxtHdTU

Rafal