[ExI] video which changed my perspective

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Mon Mar 28 23:08:29 UTC 2022

Will, I don't know what my schoolmates were taking - Weed and pills.  What
I *saw* told me I wanted no part of it... mostly they appeared somewhat
stupified, never interesting, active, articulate, funny, clever.  What
they reported was what you also say, but from the outside it looked
extremely dull and nothing I wanted to emulate.

The alcohol was typical collegiate: crazy behaviour, sometimes
belligerent, sometimes just stupid, often followed by puke and then
painful mornings. I found I much preferred being with those who did not
partake.  That is still the case, now almost 60 years later.

There was nothing attractive about any of it, from an outsider's perspective.

Not only that, everything but alcohol was highly illegal and that was a
game I wasn't interested in.

I agree that alcohol is dangerous. Probably more dangerous than many
drugs, partly because it is so socially acceptable and readily available
most anywhere. I am thankful that it does not appeal to me except as an
occasional flavoring agent in some foods. :)

Regards,
MB