[ExI] publish or perish?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue May 3 13:56:54 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of Dave S via extropy-chat

Should they be?

>…Maybe. What if the 89M guy follows the 8 guy and retweets him? Does the retweet avoid scrutiny because it was already allowed?

That depends.  In a platform/publisher where moderation is done by humans, the re-tweet of a previously-allowed tweet is blocked.  In a platform/publisher where all moderation is done entirely by software, every retweet is treated as a new tweet and all the same rules are applied.  Software offers liberty and justice for all.  Humans don’t.

>…And what happens when 89M guy posts something innocuous and later edits it into something that's not?  -Dave

Same answer as above.  Every edit turns the tweet into a new tweet and is re-adjudicated, if the moderation is being done by software.  Otherwise not.

Humans can do some things modern software cannot yet do, but modern software can do some things that humans can never do.

Hey cool I like it.  I will call it spike’s law of softmod.  Aren’t you glad you lived into the 20s so you get to watch this drama unfold?  Me too!