[ExI] George Church will speak at Alcor-50 conference, June 2-5

Max More max at maxmore.com
Wed May 4 05:31:58 UTC 2022

I’m very pleased to announce that we have added a particularly special speaker for the conference: Prof. George Church. For those who are not familiar with his work:

George Church is an American geneticist, molecular engineer, and chemist. He is the Robert Winthrop Professor of Genetics at Harvard Medical School, Professor of Health Sciences and Technology at Harvard and MIT, and a founding member of the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering.

Church is known for his professional contributions in the sequencing of genomes and interpreting such data, in synthetic biology and genome engineering, and in an emerging area of neuroscience that proposes to map brain activity and establish a "functional connectome." Among these, Church is known for pioneering the specialized fields of personal genomics and synthetic biology. He has co-founded commercial concerns spanning these areas, and others from green and natural products chemistry to infectious agent testing and fuel production, including Knome, LS9, and Joule Unlimited (respectively, human genomics, green chemistry, and solar fuel companies).

George Church (geneticist) - Wikipedia<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Church_(geneticist)>

We also have leading philosopher David Chalmers speaking (in person).

There’s also the first ever Presidents Panel, bringing together leaders of four cryonics organizations. And lots more:
2022 Conference - Alcor<https://www.alcor.org/2022-conference/>

If you haven’t already registered, what are you waiting for?!

--Max