[ExI] dna

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed May 4 18:26:20 UTC 2022

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] dna

ready for some excellent frat-boy fun.

spike     examples, please?    bill w

We secretly collect DNA from air in a local restaurant.  We don’t even know who it belongs to.  We give a DNA kit to a sibling, register the unknown DNA under his name, send the restaurant sample to AncestryDNA a week before he sends his.  Register his DNA under a different name.  A few weeks later, results under his name come back from the mystery person in the restaurant, and Hey bro!  You’re ADOPTED buddy!  We suspected it all along!

Of course the parents deny everything.

A few days later, results from my sibling come in, registered under a phony name.  Phase two of the gag, call him up:  BRO!  They SWITCHED the BABIES at the HOSPITAL!  You weren’t adopted, you were STOLEN!

Heh.  Let that mess with his head for a  few weeks.  Then decide if you will ever let him in on the gag.

All this shows to go ya, a comment I hear a lot in DNA circles: it’s so much fun to find second cousins.  You make friends, share histories, sometimes become close.  They become like a sibling, except without the baggage.

If you do crap like that gag I described, that would definitely fall under the term baggage.