[ExI] Is Artificial Life Conscious?

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Thu May 5 16:34:24 UTC 2022

On Wed, May 4, 2022 at 6:49 PM Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat <

> I think colourness qualities are what the human behaviour associated with
> distinguishing between colours, describing them, reacting to them
> emotionally etc. is seen from inside the system. If you make a physical
> change to the system and perfectly reproduce this behaviour, you will also
> necessarily perfectly reproduce the colourness qualities.

An abstract description of the behavior of redness can perfectly capture
100% of the behavior, one to one, isomorphically perfectly modeled.  Are
you saying that since you abstractly reproduce 100% of the behavior, that
you have duplicated the quale?