[ExI] eating what you need

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri May 13 18:29:38 UTC 2022

...> On Behalf Of BillK via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] eating what you need

On Mon, 9 May 2022 at 16:05, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat

> Not reliable - ok.  I am sure we begin early learning food preferences
that could override our tendencies to eat what we need...   bill w

By coincidence, this has just been received....      :)
<https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/food/woman-listening-to-what-her-body-n
eeds-eats-entire-packet-of-hobnobs-20220513221001>
Quote:
>...A WOMAN who is trusting her body to tell her what to eat has discovered
it wants an entire sleeve of biscuits to be consumed in one sitting.
etc.....

BillK  :)

I am sooooo there Bill, both Bills.  I always trust my body to tell me what
it needs, knowing that my body is an untrustworthy bastard.  I do it anyway
of course, but I know I am pulling a fast one on me.  I am trying to trick
me into giving myself donuts and coffee.  It works of course.  I give me
whatever I ask.  My wish is my command.

Here's the real deal: I am of the school of thought that holds one can eat
pretty much whatever one wants, so long as it isn't too much of it.  If one
keeps the total calorie count low, that works for some reason: it seems to
lead to good health.  Some yahoo demonstrated it with the twinkie diet, a
professor of human nutrition:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

Wouldn't take it that far, but I see his point.