[ExI] 1950 census, was: RE: tennis

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue May 17 02:57:15 UTC 2022

From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>
…  Today, there are a loooootta lotta people who are living and perfectly healthy who suddenly are unwillingly public domain…spike

Fun thought experiment that works better if you are at least about 50 now: think of someone you knew as a child who was in their 80s back then, pretty much anyone in their 80s.  Recall your impression of their general condition.  Here’s an example, my much beloved great grandmother, who was age 82 when I took this photo over 50 yrs ago:

OK have your mental picture?  Now compare to someone you know who is in their 80s now.  Perhaps you have friends or know someone locally, or parents perhaps in their 80s.  Are there differences between todays 80 somethings and the 80ers from a long time ago?  What differences?